Thursday, June 25, 2020

Throwback Thursday - 2007 Part 09

This week the Wayback Machine takes us to September of 2007. I finished seven small projects. Here are the first four.

(I'm going into high-achiever mode with this post since I already completed my #throwbackthursday goal for 2020. Honestly, I can't help myself).


Blue Monkey

This is another square for a charity quilt. A sick little girl named Sunny wanted a quilt full of monkeys. Thought I'd do my part to make her wish come true.

This chart is from the leaflet Nursery Animals designed by Martha Schmidt. All the animals are in crazy colors. There's a pink kangaroo, a purple hippo and many other wild animals. My favorite is a blue giraffe with green spots. No surprise there.




Assisi Bird Bookmark
Here's another bookmark for the charity literacy project. This was a freebie pattern by Marlies Meyer of IHLE-Design. I enjoy single color stitching and Assisi work, so combined the two to create this piece.




Diamond Bookmark

This bookmark also was donated to a charity project. I adapted a freebie motif pattern by Editora Koala to create this quick stitch. For fun, I stitched with DMC "Color Variations," a new floss set in 2007. This is a mass-produced floss that attempted to mimic hand-dyed floss with subtle color changes. Quite pretty!




Music Notes Bookmark

This is the final bookmark stitched in September for the charity project. The design was a freebie from Charles Craft and was an extremely quick stitch.




On the next #throwbackthursday, I'll share my last three projects of September 2007. 


No comments: