Monday, June 29, 2020

Sympathy Cards

I recently had a reason to send a couple sympathy cards. I tried some new techniques, so thought I'd share.

With both cards, I used images that I'd saved from picture frames that I'd purchased. The flowers are very pretty. I liked the idea of a single giant flower layered on beautiful paper.

With the first card, I learned to make a braided edge. From the front, it looks complicated, but by using the excellent instructions by Lisa Curcio, it was easy to do on this parchment cardstock.



This is what the braid looks like on the inside of the card, before I added further decoration and my personal message.




I made the second card bigger because the image was so large. I had it open along the top edge. I used a decorative square die to cut the image and the coordinating plain paper behind it.



For the inside, I fussy-cut the butterfly from another part of the original image. Before attaching the butterfly's body, I gently rolled the wings to give them some lift when the card was opened.



I'm sad, of course, for the reason I had to make these cards. But it was a wonderful way to think about the person who died for a few hours as I constructed the cards. She was an artist, too.



No comments: