Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Tropical Greeting

I recently made a card for someone who lives in Hawaii. I chose a tropical theme.

For the front, I used a stained glass image that was salvaged from an old wall calendar. For the card base, I used cardstock that looks like watercolor or tie-dye.



I was pleased with the way the prints coordinated. The Tiffany birds are gorgeous.



The back side of the cardstock is white, so I added a coordinating paper on the inside of the card where I added a personal message.



Because the image is from a calendar, it was printed on slick paper and has a sheen. I paired the card with a blue parchment envelope, decorating the flap to match the card.



I enjoy making cards from upcycled objects already in my stash. The calendar was too gorgeous to throw away! Now I get to share the beauty by utilizing the monthly images.


No comments: