Saturday, March 4, 2023

23 Goals in 2023 Update

So! The first two months of 2023 have flown by. I'm going great guns working through my goals for the year.


Word of the Year: Flow

I've been taking Phone Free Fridays to give me extra bandwidth. My creativity has returned in force (Hooray!) so I've been doing a lot of crafting and other creative projects. I'm able to get into that space where time and place don't exist ... and be absorbed into my current activity. This is exactly what I was hoping for.


Infuse Fun
I'm a homebody who isn't too into extreme anything, so usually my fun is pretty quiet. But I have been keeping track of my fun activities and realize I partake in enjoyable time quite a bit. I've already had 29 days with fun. Most involve geocaching and crafternoons alone or with one of my kids. Dale and I have gone to a couple performances which was fun because I'm rarely out at night. Dates are a novelty. 


Dale and I had a fun afternoon geocaching with our eldest, Jeanne. That kid is an excellent geocaching partner. We found several that afternoon.

My two most fun times were with Jodie. On one occasion, I gave her a handmade gift that was both "amusing and horrifying." I giggled over that for hours. (I've been given strict orders to refrain from sharing that craft on my blog due to the "horrifying" part). The other fun afternoon involved helping her prep her garage for a big clean-out. We can make nearly anything fun when we're together.


Creative Photo Journey
So far I've read 1-1/2 books written by a Pete Souza, and bought another by him. I'm learning a good amount from his documentary style. 

This week, Jodie helped me learn about lighting for studio photography. I have better knowledge of how to use 3-point lighting. She helped me understand that getting the outcome I'm seeking takes more experimentation than I imagined.



Visit 23 Parks

It's been so wet that Dale and I haven't gone out much yet. That will change once Spring truly arrives. So far we've scoped out three parks this year.



Alternative/Additional Goals

I've made great progress on several goals and already completed a few!

  • Audiobooks and books: Goal of 23. Completed 12.

  • Beaded ornaments: Goal of 23. Completed 36.



  • Crafternoons: Goal of 23 with a buddy. Completed 9 alone. Completed 5 with my kids.

  • Crafts: Goal of 23 different varieties. Completed 8.

  • Geocaches: Goal of 23. Completed 23 as of last week. I also reached my 600 caches found milestone.


  • Gratitude: Last year I had a hard time listing things to be grateful for. I stopped trying. This year I picked up my gratitude journal again. Goal of 23 short lists. Completed 38.

  • Sending Cards and Letters: Goal 23. Completed 25.


  • Jigsaw Puzzles: Goal of 23. Completed 3.

  • Movies / TV series on my Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime lists: Goal of 23. Completed 38.

  • Quilted Hearts: Goal of 23. Completed 19.


  • Advance Directive: Finished it and had it notarized.

  • Kiva Loans: Goal of 23. 7 Completed.

  • Bicycle: I got a used bike. Now I need to get it tuned up.


I finally feel like I'm part of post-pandemic life. Most of my anxiety is gone. 

Watch out, World. I'm back!

(Mostly)

No comments: