Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Spring Into Reading

Dale and I have gotten into a rut. We watch 3 to 4 hours of news every day, then recorded shows or YouTube until bedtime. It's not exactly a healthy diet.

So for Spring 2023, we're going to make a concerted effort to read more - especially after dinner and before bedtime. We both have loads of books that we bought, most of which are digital and audiobooks. But Dale's also been visiting the local library lately and found more juicy volumes there.

We began yesterday, the first day of Spring.


I'm starting here. The book about Obama is by Pete Souza. He was the official White House photographer during two presidencies: Reagan and Obama. Studying every photo in this book along with the captions is teaching me much about documentary photography. I've been reading one chapter each morning.

In the evening, on my Kindle, I'll start with fiction. I have my eye on a couple modern classics to try. If I don't like a book after reading a couple chapters, I'll move on. Retirement is too short to read books that don't hold my attention.

Dale and I were both avid readers in our younger lives. We'd like re re-immerse ourselves in this simple pleasure.

Cheers to reading!


Poster by StardustPrintShop on Etsy


No comments: