Thursday, March 23, 2023

Quilted Heart #23

With this, my goal of 23 Quilted Hearts created in 2023 is now complete! I used an unusual color combination for it.


This heart starts with a print of red hearts and flowers on a white background. I made this large purple button from a lightweight wooden heart I found in my stash. I used a push-pin to create the button holes. It’s sewn into place with purple floss. I then outlined the button with purple stem stitch. I used purple flower-shaped sequins with red seed bead centers to form an outline. Then I sewed the front of the heart to the back with purple floss and stem stitch. This has a white picot-edge ribbon hanger and is embellished with a small red button.



Ready to go out into the wild!


This was placed at the Willamalane Adult Activity Center in Springfield, Oregon on March 16.

No comments: