Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Eugene Park Tour: Return to Wendover

I had the pleasure of returning to Wendover Park last weekend. This time, I stopped by with Dale. I thought he'd like this wooded area and I wanted to show it to him. Also, we wanted to find the geocache there that had eluded me when Jeanne and I looked for it last summer. 


We found the cache! Since the blackberry bushes haven't taken over yet, it was easier to search without getting all scratched up. The cache was in a tricky spot ... very nicely hidden.

After signing the log, Dale and I took a stroll down the path through the trees. Today, the pond was much easier to see. There's not much new Spring growth that's obscuring it. I learned that lily pads grow there.


One of the neighbors on the far shore has a picturesque canoe.


Close to the near shore we spotted a couple turtles sunning themselves on a log. (It was difficult to get a clear photo with my phone).


We followed the wooded path down to a low spot where there's access to the water, then strolled on back to the car. 


It made for a lovely waypoint as we continued on our country drive. We've had so much rain lately that it was great to get out for a ride and get some distance vision.

No comments: