Wednesday, March 15, 2023

First Flowers For You - Part 1

I got a bee in my bonnet to make an Easter something-or-other. I haven't done a counted cross-stitch project in a while, so I started by looking through my charts. 


I found this adorable design from Ellen Maurer-Stroh that I acquired back in 2005. It's small. 69 stitches wide by 64 stitches high. She's packed a lot of sweetness into a design smaller than 5 inches square.


I gathered the needed supplies, starting with floss. I then did a "floss toss" on three different blue fabrics in my stash to determine which fabric to use. This hand-dyed 32 count Lugana called Summer Breeze was the clear favorite. It reminds me of clouds in the sky.

I bought this novelty "expensive" fabric about a decade ago.  I've been "saving" it for a special project. After two years of not being able to be creative, I now realize that any creative venture I do these days is special. 

It's time to use and enjoy my stash. After all, I'm retired! This is why I have a stash! Time to spend out.


My eyesight isn't what it used to be, so I need two magnifiers to see the holes in this fabric. Those stitches are small when there are 32 of them per inch!

I've been listening to podcasts and audiobooks while stitching. My muscle memory is returning. This activity makes my brain feel wonderful.

Here's my current progress. 




No comments: