Sunday, March 26, 2023

Eugene Park Tour: Maurie Jacobs Park

Dale and I happened upon Maurie Jacobs park quite by accident. We were off to look for a geocache. All I knew was that it was on a bridge. I thought it was a pedestrian bridge over a busy road. (I hadn't looked at the map; Dale picked this cache). But nope! It is a pedestrian bridge, but it spans the Willamette River.



When I saw a big green space on the other side of the bridge, I crossed all the way to look at this map and figure out what it was.



That's when I first learned that there is an entire walking/biking path along both sides of the river in this part of town. I had seen parts of this path near the Owen Rose Garden and Campbell Park, but I didn't realize they were all connected. Looking at the map, I see that Dale and I have several more parks along these river paths that we'll visit as we continue our park tour.

I've been in Eugene for three years and only now learned about it. Geez. I don't get out much. Maurie Jacobs is another park that Dale and I will return to and explore.



We parked at the edge of the Valley River Center (mall), then walked across the Greenway Bridge. Dale found the small magnetic cache near the center of the bridge on the underside of one of the fence rails. Go Dale!



As you can see, it was a cloudy, blustery day, as most are at this time of year. We got out to find a cache in between raindrops.

I left one of my Quilted Hearts on a bush near the end of the bridge. 



I hope it brightens someone's day.

No comments: