Monday, March 27, 2023

Quilted Heart #24

Because I'm a high achiever, I went above and beyond my goal and created this 24th heart. I went all out on the stitching here.


This is one of my favorite Quilted Hearts of the bunch due to all the extra embroidery I did on it. I used that bold, crazy heart fabric for the background. I added a white lace strip horizontally across the center and embellished it with a light pink flat heart bead. But here's the good part.


I outlined many of the hearts with a light green floss. Then I outlined the details of the two main hearts, one with the lightning bolt, and the other with the checkerboard. I added French knots to the polka dots and heart details of the portions of hearts around the edge. I used the same lace for the hanger. Finally I stitched the front to the back with an overcast stitch using blue floss. This ornament is very tactile because of all that raised stitching.


This is ready to go out into the wild ... but it might be hard to give it away. Its home might be with me!




No comments: