Monday, July 20, 2020

Clowning Around Birthday Card

I made this card for a long-time friend. This era can be difficult, so I wanted to make a card with some levity. I found this idea on Pinterest.



I used another of my border dies to add this fancy scalloped edge. This is when I learned that the dies are not quite as long as I had anticipated. I'll keep that in mind for future cards.

I printed the sentiment on purple paper, glued it to the larger dark purple rectangle, then adhered the sentiment with dimensional tape to have it pop up.



I used bright colors for the faces, and fun scrapbook paper with small scale prints for the hats. I color-coordinated the googly eyes. For additional fun, I made the green eyes two different sizes so this clown could be particularly whimsical.



I decided to use real pompoms for the tassel on top of the party hats.



Inside, I decorated the upper edge with some washi tape in coordinating colors, then wrote a personal message below.



I signed the back of the card in my usual way.



Then I decorated the edge of the envelope with some of the same washi tape used on the inside. That's a sweet touch that pulls it all together.



I hear the card even arrived on time. Bonus points!


---

I was inspired by this card that I found on Pinterest. The original was uploaded by Sharon Johnson.







No comments: