Wednesday, July 1, 2020

June Goal Update

In June, I concentrated on one goal:
* to finish posting 20 #throwbackthursday blog posts.

I did that and made progress on a five other goals. I changed out one of my original goals for one of the alternate goals because I have a better chance of completing it. I also continued my high-achieving ways ::eyeroll:: by going above and beyond several of my stated goals.

I like that I'm half way through the year, and have completed more than half of my 20 goals. I have a feeling this Covid isolation has contributed to this accomplishment.



Overall Statistics

Completed: eleven goals
In Progress: six goals + two alternate goals
Unstarted: three goals
High-achiever (reached my goal but did more anyway): seven goals


---


Goal Details

1. Transcribe session from last year's Skamania Celebrate Your Life retreat
Finished in February

2. Create a watermark for my photos
Not yet

3. Memorize the names of all the U.S. presidents in order
Not yet

4. Reach a new goal weight
Finished the 1st in March. 
Reached the 2nd goal weight in April. 
Working on a 3rd goal weight now. I'm so close - just two more pounds!

5. Find a new doctor, a new dentist, and a psychiatrist
In progress:
Got my new doctor in February
Talked with a mental health nurse in April
I have a lead on a dentist, but will forego making an appointment until the crisis is over.

6. Put together 20 jigsaw puzzles
Finished in February. 
Dale and I did three more in June:
29.  The Farm - June 04
30.  Colorful Buttons and Thread - June 18
31.  Pretty Garden Birdhouses - June 29

7. File all new digital photos once per quarter
Finished first quarter in March
Finished second quarter in June

8. Zero out email box once per quarter
Finished first quarter in March
Finished second quarter in June

9. Learn to cook six keto dishes
Finished in March. 
Learned three more in June:
12. Chocolate Frosty
13. Beef Stroganoff
14. Zucchini Ravioli


10. Listen to 20 podcast short series
I finished five more podcast series in June, bringing my total to 18:
14. Inner Space with Dr. Barbara Van Dahlen - June 04
15. Serial, Season 3 with Sarah Koenig - June 15
16. Family Secrets with Dani Shapiro - June 20

17. Untitled Dad Project with Janielle Kastner and Carson McCain - June 29
18. Life Handmade with Scrapbook.com - June 30

11. Find 20 geocaches
Finished in March.
I've found 25 so far this year as of May.

12. Watch 20 movies or series from my Netflix / Netflix DVD / Amazon Prime / Hallmark queues
Finished in May.
21. The Favourite - June 28

13. Celebrate 20 minor holidays
Finished in May.
Celebrated four more in June:
21. National Email Week - June 8 - 12
22. Donald Duck Day - June 9
23. Flag Day - June 14

24. National Parchment Cooking Day - June 24

14. Read / listen to 20 books / audiobooks
I finished two in June:
14.  In the Unlikely Event by Judy Blume - June 4, 2020
15.  Traveling with Pomegranates by Sue Monk Kidd and Ann Kidd Taylor - June 25

15. Write 20 #throwbackthursday blog posts about my 2006 and 2007 projects.
Finished in June! Then went above and beyond.
18. April 2007 (part 6) - June 4
19. May 2007 (part 7) - June 11
20. June and July 2007 (part 8) - June 18
21. September 2007 (part 9) - June 25

16. Create a preliminary design for permanent furniture and fixtures in my Studio.
Not yet.

17. Master bedroom closet organization.
Finished in February.

18. Send 20 letters / cards
I have 19 completed so far. Eight were done in June.
This is the goal on my alternate list that I'm moving to the main goal list.

19. Paint 20 rocks.
Finished in March.
I painted 20 more in June.

20. Buy furniture: couch, loveseat, glider, dining room table.
Finished in April.



Alternate Goals

Complete 20 previously started projects 
3. Flag Wreath for Flag Day / 4th of July - June 7

Make a food treat or a dessert each month
June - Chocolate Frosty (June 3)



Word of the Year: Settle

In June, I simplified my life by unsubscribing to several YouTube channels that no longer serve my needs.

I've continued to watch the sunset most evenings and took photos. It's a great way to settle into the end of a day.

---

In July, I'll concentrate on the last two podcast short series and write the last letter. I'm also going to put some effort into designing my Studio with more permanent furniture. Maybe I'll attempt to build a watermark for my photos and complete another partially started project, too.









No comments: