Sunday, July 19, 2020

Jodie's Birthday Card

A big part of Jodie's birthday gift from Dale and me had to do with arranging flowers. So I made a birthday card for her that mirrored that theme.



I tried a few new-to-me techniques added to my tried-and-true methods. First, this card was cut to open vertically, with the fold on the top of the card. Then I used a new die to make the fancy cut on the bottom of the card front.

I extended the stems of the flowers to go beyond the edge of the white card front for extra visual appeal. I got to use my new stems and leaves dies to make the leaves.  The Happy Birthday sentiment was printed on a separate sheet, cut in a fun shape (another new die), and adhered over the stems.



The flowers were fun. I stacked two or three different sizes of flower shapes in bright colors. Some were glued down flat. Others were adhered to the layer below with some dimensional tape so they pop up. Then I added gem stickers as the flower centers.



On the inside of the card, just below the fold, I added another flower, leaf and gem set. I added a hand-written note below the flower.



On the back of the card, I made my usual stamps. To decorate the envelope flap, I used a spray of leaves.



It's traditional in our family to have Dale decorate the envelopes of greeting cards. Did you know that in a former job he was a graphic designer? He still has a great touch and each card is unique and clever.



Our daughters always look for "the little dude" on the back of the envelope. This time, the dude is holding onto the leaf spray!



I love my family and our little traditions.


---

I was inspired by a card I found on Pinterest to create my card. This card by Crafted Living was an excellent jumping off point for my imagination.


No comments: