Thursday, July 9, 2020

Throwback Thursday - 2007 Part 11

Welcome back into the Wayback Machine. Today we're traveling to October 2007. I was busy stitching that month, completing nine projects. Here are the first four.


Santa in the Moon

Sometimes it's nice to stitch with a single color to create a design. I was drawn to this simple, sweet design by Twisted Oaks Designs from the 2007 edition of the Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament Issue. I donated this ornament to the charity project.




Joy


Here's another ornament I stitched for the charity project. It's also from the 2007 Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament Issue. It's from one of my favorite designers, Lizzie-Kate. I used DMC colors rather than the Sampler Threads listed. This was a very quick, fun stitch that I completed while watching a movie.




Merry Kitty Klaus

Here's one more ornament for the charity project. Isn't he a cutie?

This is yet another pattern is from the 2007 Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament Issue. I altered this design by Val's Stuff a bit. I left off the border, words and cat paws because I didn't like them. Once again, I chose to use DMC floss instead of the specialty fibers called for in the design. I did use Wisper for the fuzzy part of his cap. And yes, that is a real bell hanging off the end of his cap!




Tulip Bookmark

This is another bookmark I stitched for our literacy charity project. The pattern by Kissy-Cross was a blog freebie. It was shown as a scissor fob. I finished it by stitching a border of Nun's Stitch and fringing the ends.

My daughter suggested stitching that border with the same green as the stem, thus tying the design together with the border. I thought that was an excellent suggestion since the only green on the bookmark was the stem. It brought more color balance to the piece.




That's it for this week! I'll share the final five October 2007 finishes on the next #throwbackthursday.




1 comment:

Stacy C. said...

Very cool!
I did that Santa moon ornament, too, but I kept mine. He goes on my Santa Christmas tree every year.