Friday, May 1, 2020

April Goal Update

In April, I continued to make progress on my 20 Goals in 2020. I didn't concentrate on any one goal. Instead I poked along on several of the multi-part goals.




.
Completed: eight goals
In Progress: eight goals + two alternate goals
Unstarted: four goals


---


Goal Details

1. Transcribe session from last year's Skamania Celebrate Your Life retreat
Finished in February

2. Create a watermark for my photos
not yet

3. Memorize the names of all the U.S. presidents in order
not yet

4. Reach a new goal weight
Finished in March
I reached another weight goal in April! I'm flabergasted.

5. Find a new doctor, a new dentist, and a psychiatrist
Got my new doctor in February
Find a psychiatrist - Finished in April

Find a dentist. I have a lead on a dentist, but will forego making an appointment until the crisis is over.

6. Put together 20 jigsaw puzzles
Finished in February

7. File all new digital photos once per quarter
Finished first quarter in March

8. Zero out email box once per quarter
Finished first quarter in March

9. Learn to cook six keto dishes
Finished in March.
In April I learned two more recipes! The shrimp is particularly good.
* Lemon Butter Shrimp
* Keto pretzels

10. Listen to 20 podcast short series
I listened to three podcast series in April, bringing my total to 10:
* Bewildered with Martha Beck and Rowan Mangan - April 7 (not recommended)
* The Happiness Lab with Dr. Laurie Santos - April 23 (not recommended)
* Oh, Hello: the P’dcast - April 28 (not recommended)

11. Find 20 geocaches
Finished in March

12. Watch 20 movies or series from my Netflix / Netflix DVD / Amazon Prime / Hallmark queues
I watched four in April, bringing my total to seven.
I Feel Pretty- April
Bombshell- April

* Judy - April
* Hillary - April

13. Celebrate 20 minor holidays
I celebrated three in April, bringing my total to twelve.
10. National No Housework Day - April 7
11. National Pretzel Day - April 26
12. National Kiss-Your-Mate Day - April 28

14. Read / listen to 20 books / audiobooks
I finished zero in April, so my total is still eleven. But I started a very long novel in April.

15. Write 20 #throwbackthursday blog posts about my 2006 and 2007 projects.
I wrote five in April, bringing my total to thirteen. My posts covered November and December 2006, January 2007, plus several craft projects from throughout 2006.

16. Create a preliminary design for permanent furniture and fixtures in my Studio.
Not yet.

17. Master bedroom closet organization.
Finished in February.

18. Convert cassette tapes to mp3 or get rid of them.
Not yet. I'm still not sure I want to do this, and may substitute another goal.

19. Paint 20 rocks.
Finished in March. 

20. Buy furniture: couch, loveseat, glider, dining room table.
Finished in April
Couch and loveseat arrived in February.
Glider put together in March.

Received dining room table and chairs - April.


Alternate Goals

Complete 20 projects that were partially done
I finished two in April.

Send 20 letters or cards
I sent three in April.


I think that in May, I'll concentrate on how many movies and series from my Netflix / DVD / YouTube / Amazon / Hulu queues I can manage to watch. I'll also go about celebrating minor holidays. There are a number of interesting possibilities in May.  For example, May 18 is Visit Your Relatives Day. Maybe we'll be out of lockdown by then.


Word of the Year: Settle

Dale and I continued in our quest to settle in. We bought a dining room table and chairs, a table for the sitting area in our bedroom, a cabinet for my bathroom, and lots of furniture for Dale's office. His room is looking quite spiffy.

We've also taken rides into the countryside on weekends to take a break from the house, get some distance vision, and get to know the greater Eugene area better.


No comments: