Saturday, May 30, 2020

Encouragement

I made this card for a friend of mine who was going through a rough patch. I was inspired by an image I found on Pinterest.

I had an ideal scrap paper that looks like ocean waves which I layered on a plain blue paper. The fish is made from grosgrain ribbons and has a googly eye. The bubbles coming from his mouth are pearl stickers.


I printed the sentiment on blue parchment cardstock and cut it out with a scalloped edge scissors to mimic the ocean waves.

On the inside, I added more wave paper, trimming the top into the shape of waves. I used more of the blue parchment cardstock for the inside sentiment.


I signed the back as usual.



To carry the theme through, I used the scalloped edge scissors to trim the edge of the envelope into waves.




.
I lined the envelope with a coordinating scrapbook paper.


I hope the card gave her the encouragement she needed.


--

Inspired by winkchic:

No comments: