Sunday, May 24, 2020

Playing with Our Toys

Time for another 500 piece Dollar Tree puzzle. I presumed this was going to be difficult, mainly because of how dark the puzzle is. I also thought that all those small toys would be hard to place.



Remarkably, this turned out to be a really fun puzzle to put together. There are so many nice details in the candy and toys that discovering the clues on each individual piece was delightful. We had to have a different strategy for putting it together. We'd find a few pieces that matched up, then put them on the puzzle board in approximately the right place. Then we'd move on to another group of characters and place them. Eventually the bits lined up and connected.

Perhaps that doesn't sound much different than most puzzles, but it was for me. I tend to find pieces that fit to the edges and grow the puzzle from there.



Anyway, this was quite fun and one that I'm sure to put together again. I like the illustration. I've never seen Pinnochio look quite like this before.

The confetti, streamers and lights were fun to figure out, too.

No comments: