Thursday, May 7, 2020

Throwback Thursday - 2007 Part 02

This Thursday, we return to 2007 in February. I completed three small projects.


Train Bookmark

This bookmark is my version of a sampler for the stitch challenge I started that year. It incorporates three stitches: buttonhole, detached chain, and Cretan.

It took me quite a while to come up with my plan for this bookmark. And it took me longer to execute it than I imagined it would. 

If you feel like getting into the weeds and learning all the details of how I designed this bookmark, take a look at my blog post from February 11, 2007

This bookmark was eventually donated to a charity project.


click for stitch detail



Bunny I

The charity stitching group I belonged to in 2007 decided to make some Easter ornaments. Once made up, they contained a music chip of "Here Comes Peter Cottontail." This Mosey N Me design is the first of two I stitched.




Bunny II

And here's the second ornament I stitched for that project. It's a design by Elaine Lowe and I found it in a Cross Stitch And Country Crafts magazine. The completed ornaments were donated to a children's hospital.





So goes this episode of  #throwbackthursday





.
.
It was in the Spring of 2007 when I, unfortunately, began the most profound manic episode in my life. It was not great for my mental health (devastating, actually). But it turns out that it was astounding where my stitching was concerned. I completed over 50 projects that year!

No comments: