Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Melody's Birthday Card

I made a little something special for my granddaughter's third birthday. A piggy bank birthday card!

This was my first attempt at a "shaker card." I did it with a twist. The items being shaken are coins.



I drew my piggy inspiration from Pinterest. I found a piece of clip art that I converted into paper using cardstock. Then I added googly eyes, Sharpie, a sticker and a stamp to complete the front.

I duplicated the image at 95%, colored it with bright colors, and pasted it to the inside of the card.

I used double-sided tape to attach a piece of acetate, leaving the top open. Then I framed the pig with some glitter paper.



Melody has a piggy bank and likes to put coins in and take them out, repeatedly. So I found pennies, nickles, dimes, and quarters to add to the card piggy bank. I tried to find various years and designs so that Melody can study the coins to see the differences. For example, I have one of the older quarters and two different "state" quarters. I have one older penny, one new penny, and the oldest one that says "One Cent" on the back. The nickles are the best. I have one of the newer ones, one of the older ones, and one buffalo nickle!



On the back, I signed the card with the name Melody calls me, Mimi.

---

Piggy inspired by agomjo


No comments: