Saturday, September 10, 2022

Rainbow Knitting Yarn

I woke up this morning with the doldrums. My daughter Jodie and I had intended to take a hot air balloon ride at sunrise. But because of the high winds and unsafe conditions, the ride was cancelled yesterday afternoon.

Instead of that endorphin-raising adventure, it felt like I was chewing air. The sky was a strange, dank, orangish color. Smoke from the fires in our state is blocking all the healing light.  I had pandemic brain all over again.

Remember that feeling? Staying inside because you didn't want whatever was in the air getting into your lungs. But also feeling a little trapped. Slightly sad. Low energy. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting for change.

So I took my morning meds, ate three blueberry muffins and a chocolate cupcake, set up the card table, and dumped out 350 colorful puzzle pieces.


This image is a lovely spectrum of color. I've put together puzzles with pictures of yarn before. How hard could it be? 


Well, between my slow brain and low energy, it was hard! It took me the length of three movies to complete it.

But here it is in all its glory.

It turns out this just the way to spend a low-down, do-nothing day.

No comments: