Monday, October 15, 2007

A 45 Minute Day

My "To Do" list is extraordinarily long today. So I've decided to have a 45 min day.

That means, 45 minutes of concentrated effort, and a 15 min break so that I don't feel so put-upon. While I work, I'm listening to the audio version of The Poisonwood Bible ... a great way to keep my mind active while my hands are busy.

FIRST 45 MIN
* showered, dressed, ate breakfast
* put clean sheets on bed
* two loads laundry (one washed, two folded and put away)
* cleaned master bathroom thoroughly

I'll just keep this list updated as part of taking a break today ... let's see how far I can get. Maybe I'll even take photos of my nice clean home when I'm done and post some.

SECOND 45 MIN
* watered and fertilized plants
* another load of laundry (one washed, one folded and put away)
* cleaned the kitchen (and wiped down cabinets and counters)
* swept all the hardwood floors upstairs
* vacuumed all carpet upstairs
* swept front porch

THIRD 45 MIN
* dusted downstairs (Dale's office, my studio, library)
* collected trash around the house and took it to garage
* took the recycling out
* filled water bottles (5)
* cleaned out the car, dusted, emptied litter bag
* dusted upstairs
* 1 load laundry (one washed, one folded and put away)

OK. I'm starting to get tired now. One more 45 min session, then I get a longer break to eat lunch and stitch.

FOURTH 45 MIN
* phone call with niece about family educational trust
* 1 load laundry (folded and put away)
* mail out
* cleaned the litter box and cat area, fed the cat
* vacuumed the stairs
* mopped the wood floors

YEAH! Lunchtime! After lunch, my "To Do" list has things on it that are much more fun than cleaning!

FIFTH 45 MIN
* finished the stitching on my cat ornament

SIXTH 45 MIN
* added the new ornament to my website and blog
* caught up on e-mail

SEVENTH 45 MIN
* wrote a post card to a niece
* wrote a sympathy card to my cousins
* took a 3 mile bike ride to the post office
* took photos of gnats (really!)

EIGHTH 45 MIN
* made a series of phone calls concerning an embroidery for hire job
* shaped eyebrows
* shaved legs and played 'beauty shop'
* fed the cat
* folded last load of laundry

I think that's enough work for one day!
Time to eat dinner -- and STITCH!

No comments: