Thursday, October 11, 2007

It's my FLY Birthday!

They say it's your birthday ...
We're gonna have a good time ...



Three years ago today I joined FlyLady. My life has only improved since then.

I've always been a list maker. Always tried to be organized and get stuff done. But I never seemed to get there ... constantly felt like I just didn't have it in me to have our home the way I wanted. I was forever sidetracked by my overachieving and "supposed to be" ways.

Then I heard about Flylady.

This gentle woman with the sweet southern accent, the wise words, the sometimes-not-so-gentle reminders ... but ALWAYS the HOPE ... came into my life.

She taught me
... to take what needed to be done, and form routines.
... to look at caring for my home as a way to bless myself and others.
... that there is more than one way to do things 'right.'
... that if it isn't fun, it won't get done.
... the value of 15 minutes of concentrated effort.
... to take care of myself.
... how to take a break.
... how perfectionism can be paralyzing.

Most of all, she taught me that housework done incorrectly still blesses the family.

Today, my home is usually company ready -- or can get there in a very short amount of time.

Today, I'm not quite so picky about how my family completes their chores.

Today, I don't feel so 'put-upon' that the majority of the home care rests on me.

And today, October 11, 2007, since my home is mostly in order, I get to have a day free to pursue my creative endeavors.

Thank you FlyLady Marla, for all the love and hope you send to my e-mail box. My family is in a much better place because of you.

2 comments:

sapphireroze said...

I like this picture a bunch!
is there a chance I took it? or did you take it recently?

FLYlady sure helped everyone :)

CameoRoze (Margaret) said...

This one is not new ... a year or so old, methinks. You very well could have taken it!

~ Mom