Friday, October 19, 2007

Day 476: Eat Me!

I added this new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section,
Alice's 'Shroom

So when I went to the top of the hill to try and get a different perspective of the
Benign Mushroom Cloud,
I was disappointed that the sky had changed.

But I got pleased again when I looked down and saw a bunch of these unusual mushrooms. I didn't have my macro lens with me and the sun was in my eyes, so taking photos of the mushrooms with just the macro setting on my camera was a bit like a blind man pointing and shooting. I gave it a valiant try. This was the best photo of the bunch.

I like the perspective ... the grass mighty and tall, the mountains and trees dwarfish in the background. It reminds me of
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

Can't you just imagine the
Caterpillar sitting atop this 'shroom, smoking it's hookah and daring Alice to take a bite?

Speaking of Alice ... have any of you seen this version of the classic? It's the best!



2 comments:

Jeje Strobe said...

That's an AMAZING picture! I love how you can see the sky and mountains behind the mushroom, very NOT what you expect to see from so low!

CameoRoze (Margaret) said...

In an e-mail I received a comment from Joanne:

"I must comment on this photo, it is so unique!!! I love it!"