Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sunday Secrets: Oct 28, 2007

For a number of months now I've been enraptured by the PostSecret website. If you don't know about it, I highly recommend you follow my link and find out!

PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard. I find it to be an amazing sociological experiment. Plus, it's just plain fun to see what secrets people are willing to share — and how many of the secrets resonate in me.

I've been saving my favorite PostSecret cards on my computer. Now I plan to share them on my blog with a link back to the original site so you can go look at the rest of them yourself and find the secrets that resonate with you.

This week, these struck a chord:

When I was little and worked at my dad's pizza shop, I'd sing my lungs out when I went out back to empty the trash. There were train tracks running behind the building. I was hoping the engineers would hear me and be impressed.

Me too! That's why I'm on this Creative Journey! It's one of the reasons I'm in counseling, too.

I don't hate my brain, but I feel sorry for it sometimes that its chemistry is off. I'd like to take it out and re-wire it so that it works without so much struggle.


Please. Please ask me. You'll probably appreciate my response. I may say yes. But you've got to ask.

No comments: