Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Book Review: The Abracadabra Kid

The Abracadabra Kid is award-winning author Sid Fleischman’s own story. It tells how he came to love magic and showmanship. How he went off to war, and came back as a writer (of sorts). How he morphed from journalism into writing stories and books. And how his humor and playfulness found a home in children’s literature.

This book combines many of my cherished pleasures: children's literature, biography, magic and humor.


You can read my entire book review on my website in The Bookshelf.

I received this hardbound book from a dear friend who knows the author. My book is signed, as you can see.

You know, I think I'd rather meet an author more than a rock star any day!


My favorite line from the book?

details accumulate ...
no detail is unimportant

No comments: