Sunday, October 7, 2007

Day 464: Rubbing Our Eyes & Doing a Double Take

I added this new photograph to Creative Journey
in my Photography section, Idaho Wildlife


I drove Jodie to work via a slightly alternate route this morning. With camera in hand, Jodie and I had already pulled off to the side of the road a couple times to snap some landscape shots. As we headed down the back road nearing Silverwood, Jodie suddenly called out, "Camel!"

"What?"

"Camel! Really!"

I turned the car around on the narrow road, and drove back a few hundred feet. Sure enough! There, behind the fence were three Shetland ponies ... and a camel! We hurriedly took some photos out the car window, and I managed to get Jodie to work on time.

On the way home, I took a chance and parked at the side of the road, and got out, camera at the ready. Sure enough, there was the camel grazing behind the fence with the "Beware of Dog" sign. She seemed almost as curious about me as I was about her, and moseyed a bit closer to the road as she munched away on the tall dry weeds.

At the sound of an approaching vehicle, she raised her head and I got this shot.

I've been in Idaho for twenty-seven years. I've seen moose, deer and elk in the wild country. But never, never did I imagine I'd stumble upon this kind of wildlife!

No comments: