Sunday, October 7, 2007

WIP: Boo

I've started a new project.

This one is for me for a change!

I saw this cute pattern in another stitcher's photo gallery and just fell in love with it. Took me years to find out who the designer was and how to get a hold of the pattern.

Was my face red when I found out I'd had it in my stash all along!

This pattern is called Boo and is designed by Carolyn Manning. It was published in the September 2001 edition of Stitcher's World.

Yesterday, Dale declared a "free" day around here. We took care of the monthly bills in the morning, then decided to have the whole rest of the day to ourselves.

I finished stitching the Santa in the Moon ornament in the morning. Then started on a pumpkin pattern I'd been excited to try. Unfortunately, the kit is on 40 ct fabric and stitched one-over-one ... and my eyes just can't handle that when I'm stitching in my usual stitching nest. I'd have to stitch with my magnifying light in my studio. I gave up on that pattern for now (and plan to stitch it on a larger count over two later on).

So back to my stash basket I went, and found little Boo sitting there, still patiently waiting for me to stitch him.

I'm very pleased with the progress I've made in the last two days! Plus, I'm catching up on a lot of Tivo'd programs ... and Dale and I are watching a couple DVD movies together as well.

I think Boo will easily be done by Halloween this year. I'm not certain how I'll finish him ... maybe as a banner.

No comments: